Search This Blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Potato Soup with a Kick



Okay... so anyone who knows me, knows I love food.  And, if they know me really well, they know my favorite food time of year is fall/winter when everything turns warm and hearty!  So to kick it off right, the first 'fall' inspired dish I chose to make this year is potato soup! My original intention was to make the classic soup, a creamy white soup with celery and onions but as I browsed multiple recipes, one caught my eye.  Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman) has a soup with the addition of carrot (orange in my white soup?!?!) and her added spice is Cajun seasoning!  I love Cajun seasoning!  So, I had to give it a go!

Her blog/recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/perfect-potato-soup/

Now, instead of going step-by-step with the recipe, I might as well just give you the link to her blog with the recipe.  She has great pictures to go along with each step and it is super easy to follow, so I encourage you to try it!  And I will leave you with a few of my favorite parts of the process. ;)


 This is the smell of heaven... carrots, celery and onion together are perhaps my all-time favorite trio when starting out a recipe. I often try and sneak these three into many of my dishes if I can!
 And then of course you get the smell of heaven on steroids when you add bacon into the mix.  As a side note, bacon is a MUST in any good potato soup.  Don't even try without it!!! ;)


P.S.
PLEASE top this soup with some sharp cheddar! Although it isn't pictured at the top, I promise it will only add fulfillment to your dining experience.


1 comment:

  1. I love potato soup and on your recommendation I will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete