Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Green Chili Turkey Burgers


Summer!  Summer means grilling, which means a variety of meat, which inevitably means some type of burger at some point!  So here's my take on a delicious southwestern turkey burger (YUM!).



Mix about 1.25lbs of ground turkey with 1/3cup canned, diced green chili (about 3/4 of the large can of chilies).  Add about a tbsp garlic powder, about a tbsp chili powder, 1/4tsp freshly ground black pepper and about 1tsp salt... Mix (but don't over-mix).



Patty in to 4-5 burgers, depending on how big you want them to be (remember to indent the middle, as burgers will bulge in the middle as they cook!).  I made mine into 4 burgers which I felt were about perfect.  Now head out to your grill.  I would have, except as my husband went out to the grill, he realized our grill didn't work AND we were out of propane... so I used my electric griddle inside.  Still good, but I re-made these burgers later and actually grilled them and I have to admit, a real grill makes them about a thousand times more delicious. ;-)  Add a piece of swiss cheese at the end of the cooking to melt down...

Alright, so for the other components of the burger: caramelized onion!  I personally don't think any burger is complete without some form of onion, but for these, it's just necessary!  And, for the 'spread.'  Mix about 1/2cup light sour cream, 1 avocado and the rest of the green chilis together with a little salt and pepper to taste.  Load this onto your bun, place on the burger, top with the onions, cap it with the other bun half and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment