Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

White Bean Cassoulet

Okay.  I have a confession.  I watch the FoodNetwork pretty much all the time, but there are very few shows I actually record.  So what do I record?  Well, if Alton Brown had every show, I would probably then record every show... but he only has Good Eats, so therefore, I record Good Eats.  Hmmm what else?  Well, I record 10 Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian.  Why?  Well, I have to admit I can't ever seem to get my meals completely as cheap as her, but I definitely come close, and she is also totally my type of cook.  I can't tell you how many times I have watched her show and thought to myself "I just did that yesterday," or, "I think she took that from my head just now..." and so on.  You get the picture.

Anyway, so this recipe is one of the few recipes that I have tried without editing anything of my own.  I truly stuck to her amounts, times of cooking and ingredients and I must admit, it was delicious!  Sometimes, you just can't mess with the original.  So thank you Melissa.  (By the way, this recipe also got rave reviews from Heather, and if you know the relationship between my sister and I, you will know that we are incredibly critical of each other's cooking, so a rave review is a tough thing to attain!)

Weekday Cassoulet Recipe: Melissa d'Arabian

No comments:

Post a Comment