Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Heat up your skillets!

So, a food blog?  Of course a food blog!  And a good food blog at that!  This is a new endeavor for my sister and I to attempt, and one that hopefully we will succeed in.

Goals:
-Creating delicious recipes
-Recreating favorite recipes
-Documenting all of these recipes
-Trying new restaurants
-Revisiting old restaurants
-Documenting these adventures
-Giving tips for all sorts of fun and food-related stuff
-Having a gosh darn good time

Reality:
Who knows what my sister and I will end up with after getting the ball rolling on this food blog.  Hopefully, whatever comes of it, we will learn new things about food, ourselves, our friends, and any other random stuff that crosses our path.  This may be a food blog, but just as everything else, food is just a part of life, so do not be surprised to find our lives showing up in our posts!

Our inspiration:
Of course our inspiration is our mother.  She is the one, after all, who taught us our basic cooking skills and we grew up watching her virtually every night in the kitchen making something delicious for dinner.  By the way, she is a diet-ruiner.

So a little more about the two of us.
Danielle:
I am the oldest child--currently 22.  I have always really enjoyed cooking and eating.  In high school, I was referred to as the 'mother' in my group of friends, as I would have them over for breakfast on countless Saturday mornings for homemade chocolate chip pancakes (with peanut butter, yum!).  I love any type of cooking, other than baking.  That's Heather's forte.  Anything else you need to know about me will undoubtedly show itself through the blog, just give it time.  :)

Heather:
I am the middle child, most definitely the best, and I do the baking. I rarely venture into the cooking world, although last night I did make manicotti.  Really, my whole theory about baking is: If it includes chocolate, it's worth making. If not...someone else can make it. Although I do make some incredible vanilla cupcakes. I bake because it takes precision and patience. (Something my sister lacks.)



Our first, and perhaps the greatest advice we could give?  Make sure you never begin a recipe adventure without your adventure soundtrack!









Hopefully, by the time we get a few posts up, you will be able to recognize how our food blog is most definitely LEGEN(and I hope you aren't lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is)DAIRY!!!

Well, here goes nothin'!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I look forward to reading your blog and trying some new recipes. I'd rather, bake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!!! I miss all three of you ladies! CANT WAIT TO EAT YOUR FOOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sisterly, personal and humorous tone. Love the picture of the 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can see greatness and many followers for you all! I am looking forward to many years of recipes and 'fun fat' as I test each recipe. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Barney and How I Met Your Mother reference! Makes me laugh out loud! And I'm sorry to say Heather...I'm like Danielle. Measuring, what's measuring? But perhaps you will convert me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun blog! I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete